The email we received about this says:
1. Please dress up (with suit and tie, or your national costume)
So, F will wear his only suit. But what will A wear? She has a suit (boh-ring), or a red dress (very appropriate color), or a shiny dress (appropriate shinyness), and, finally, a dirndl dress (quite inappropriate, since it is not our national costume, but when else am I going to wear it?)
Please help me decide!



I would add a poll, but it seems I can't access the "Add Page Element" part of blogspot from behind the Great Firewall. So please leave opinions in the comments, anonymously if you like...
(Oh, and yes, she will try to make sure her legs are somewhat sock-mark-free that day.)
* we recently learned that, in China, the correct way to draw attention to your internet/email drivel is to put "emergency" in the header.
7 comments:
First of all, even though you look very cute in it, the 3rd dress should be accompanied with a feather duster and a leather whip, and should only be worn on those "play nights" with Frans where there is also a "safety word" involved.
As far as the other two go, I really like the top of the red dress and the bottom of the purple one... So ideally I think you should wear the purple skirt on top of the red dress... (or not...)
Well, here's what I say: When in doubt go with red.
You can get away with wearing the Dirndl if Frans has a matching Trachten. Also, clogs.
Unfortunately, the Lederhosen were too expensive, so Frans did not buy any. And I think I threw out my clogs because they had become damaged by the Ithaca snow...
mmmm... moeilijk..
balen dat Frans zijn lederhosen niet heeft gekocht. Had hij inderdaad goed voorzien dat China het enige land is waar je er als nederlander in de officiele gelegenheid zou komen om zoiets te dragen. Alhoewel ik nog steeds een groot fan ben van de dirndl en duitslands toch bijna nederland is, zou ik het toch niet doen. Je dirndl is een beetje van de dagelijkse soort en dus niet zo geschikt voor deze gelegenheid. Ik gooi de andere 2 opties nog even hier in de groep. ik kom er op terug!
ik zou eens gaan voor de glimjurk. staat ook vast mooi naast het (trouw?)pak van Frans.
As of Saturday 10:07 pm (Beijing time), we have received :
* no votes for the dirndl dress. Ellen thinks it is too casual, Emma thinks it cannot be worn without accompanying F in Lederhosen, and Tuncay thinks... hmmm, not sure I want to go into that.
* one vote for the shiny dress by Ellen
* three votes for the red dress by Tuncay (plus optional shiny skirt worn over red dress), Amanda and Frans's mother.
But there is still time! We won't leave until 3:30 pm Sunday (Beijing time), so let us know your vote before then.
P.S. Anonymous viewers from google and roadrunner: we'd REALLY like to receive your votes as well! Yes, all four of the google people, whoever you are!
Post a Comment